Minimum check-in age: 18 years of age
Smoking Policy: We are a non-smoking hotel
Parking: Valet Parking is available at a rate of $45 for up to 24 hours. There are no in/out privileges. If you take your car out, the 24 hours starts over when you return.
Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed at the hotel.
Cancellation & Deposit Policy: We offer reservations with non-refundable and flexible cancellation. Please check the policy on the offer you are reserving to confirm the policy.Facility Fee
The Wellington Hotel has a mandatory facility fee of $20 per room per night. The facility fee provides guests with the following amenities and value added offerings:
Q: Does the Wellington Hotel offer luggage storage?
A: Yes, the bell captain will be happy to store your luggage on arrival and/or departure. There is no charge for this service; however, you will want to give the person assisting you a gratuity.
Q: Where is breakfast served?
A: Breakfast is served from 6am daily in the Park Cafe located on the lobby level. Breakfast is plated, not buffet. Packages and reservation options that include breakfast in the Park Cafe are available. A la carte room service is also available.
Q: Do you have high speed wireless internet?
A: High speed wireless internet is available for one device per guest as part of the Facilities Fee charge. Access for additional devices can be purchased with a debit or credit card. The cost for additional devices is $4.99 for one hour, $11.99 for up to 24 hours (one day), $24.99 for up to 72 hours (three days) and $39.99 for up to 120 hours (five days) for two devices.
Q: Are there any additional charges I will have to pay at check in?
A: If your reservation was booked through a third party website, the facility fee of $20 per night, per room will be collected at check-in.
Additionally, there is an incidental deposit (US$100 with a credit/debit card or US$200 if you are paying cash) to cover any incidental charges. If you pay in cash, the deposit will be returned at check-in. If you pay with a credit card, the deposit will be released on the day of check-out. Please note that some banks take several weeks before the deposit is released from your account.
If ten or more people arrive together, even if they are unknown to each other, there is a mandatory union baggage handling fee of $4.50 per bag each way ($9.00 round trip).
On July 1, 2017, this amount increases to $4.65 per bag each way ($9.30 round trip).If the group arrives before 4pm or departs after 12noon there is an additional charge of $2 per bag each way.
Q: How can I get to the Wellington Hotel from the airport?
• Public Transportation: The Air Train shuttle from JFK is about $7.75 per person, which includes the MTA ticket for the subway portion of the ride. Get off the Air Train at the Sutphin Boulevard Station or the Jamaica Station. Take the E train towards Manhattan and get off at the Seventh Avenue stop (at 53rd Street) and walk just two blocks north towards Central Park to the Wellington Hotel. At the Jamaica Station you can also take the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station (this is a little longer route to the Wellington Hotel because you then have to take the E, N or R train from Penn Station to Seventh Avenue and 53rd or 55th Street).
• Taxi: A taxi from JFK directly to the Wellington Hotel is a flat fare of $52.50 plus tolls and tip. Most taxis take a maximum of four people, possibly less, depending on the amount of luggage. There are a limited number of NYC minivan taxis that will accommodate up to five people.
• Public Transportation: From Newark Liberty Airport you can take the AirTrain to Penn Station (New York) and then a taxi, subway (E, N, R or Q northbound) or bus (20 from the Eighth Avenue side of Penn Station) to 56th Street and walk two short blocks to Seventh Avenue and the Wellington Hotel. The cost of AirTrain Newark depends on your travel preferences. When you buy a NJ Transit or Amtrak ticket to or from Newark Liberty International Airport Station, the ticket costs about $20 and includes the cost of the AirTrain Newark ticket, which is $5.50. The AirTrain access fee is not charged for children under the age of 11.
• The subway or bus from Penn Station is $2.75 per person. You can buy a MetroCard in Penn Station for use on all subways and buses. You can also use coins on buses (but not subways), but you must have the exact $2.75 fare as no change is given.
• Taxi: You can take a taxi directly to the Wellington Hotel. The fare will be the meter charge plus tip, round trip tolls and a surcharge. The total could easily be $110 for a maximum of four people depending on luggage.
• The taxi fare from LaGuardia to Midtown is about $25-$40 plus tip and toll for a maximum of four people depending on luggage. This is not a flat fare; it is a metered fare and can vary greatly depending on traffic. Tip and tolls are additional.
NOTE: Please be sure you take a yellow NYC taxi only and be sure to ask the driver for a receipt (just in case you leave something in the car). You can arrange a limousine or private car transfer in advance by emailing email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, the airport, the flight number and arrival time and the number of people and pieces of luggage. All prices are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed until booked and confirmed. The amount of luggage will determine the number of people that can be accommodated in a single taxi.
How do I order something to be delivered to a guest or my room?
Q: Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven days prior to your arrival with your request.
A: We can offer champagne from $75, wine from $35, chocolates from $35, flower arrangements from $35, and fruit baskets from $35.
We will send a credit card authorization form for you to complete for payment. We would need to receive the credit card authorization signed along with a photocopy of the credit card.
Q: What documents do I need to check in to the Wellington Hotel?
A: You must have a government-issued photo ID. Note: for US citizens/residents - a government-issued photo ID such as a valid driver's license with a photo or valid passport. For non-US citizens - valid passport.
Q: Can I have packages delivered to the Wellington Hotel before I arrive?
A: You can have small packages sent to the Wellington a few days before your arrival. If the name of the guest is not on the package, the package will be returned to the sender. Please address the package in the following manner:
871 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
Name: as it appears on your reservation (packages that arrive without the correct information will not be accepted)
If the package arrives after a guest checks out or without the name of the guest, the package will be returned to the sender. We cannot hold packages for other individuals to pick up. The Wellington Hotel is not liable for missing or damaged packages or packages delivered to a different hotel
Q: How can I pay my bill at the Wellington Hotel?
A: All major credit and debit cards - such as American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Union Pay and Visa - are accepted at the Wellington Hotel. Cash in US dollars is also accepted for payment; however, a credit or debit card is required to confirm a reservation.
Q: Does the Wellington Hotel accept credit card authorization forms?
A: We are unable to accept credit card authorization forms as they are not recognized by credit card companies. The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in along with matching photo identification.
Q: I paid the incidental deposit by credit/debit card. When will I get it back?
A: The incidental deposit is an authorization instead of a charge. This means it will not appear as a refund – it will simply fall off your account. Please allow 5-10 business days for the hold to fall off, or up to three weeks if it is an international card.
Q: What is the child policy at the Wellington Hotel?
A: There is no 'child' policy at the Wellington Hotel. Our rooms are priced by the room type neither the number nor the age of the occupants. Each room type has a maximum occupancy limit due to the size of the room. These limits are:
Q: Do you have accessible rooms?
A: We do have accessible rooms available within each of our room types. Advanced notice that you need an accessible room is appreciated though not necessary. You may let us know by including this information on your reservation in the comments section or by writing to email@example.com.
Q: Do you have smoking rooms?
A: No, the Wellington Hotel is completely smoke free.
If you smoke in your room there is a $250 per day additional charge.
Q: Are there safes in the rooms?
A: Yes, all rooms are equipped with a safe.
Q: Are there coffee or tea making facilities in the rooms?
A: No, the Wellington Hotel does not have coffee pots or tea kettles.
Our Park Cafe is open from 6am to 2am everyday and room service is available from 6am to 1am
Stay in the very center of New York City - in the heart of its bright lights and bustling, big city streets, vibrant arts and rich culture. It’s Manhattan in the palm of your hand. And it’s at The Wellington Hotel.