In response to the pandemic, our team has worked to ensure the safety and health of both our staff and our guests. The following action plan addresses changes to our Front and Back of House operation and has been created based on the guidance of the CDC and New York City Department of Health.
• Partitions are in place at the reception area to promote healthy staff-guest interactions.
• Cleaning of all common areas and restrooms has been increased throughout each day.
• Self-service parking is available for $45 per 24 hours. The garage is located at 888 7th Avenue, and the entrance is on 56th St between 7th Avenue and • Broadway. After parking your car, bring the ticket to the hotel for validation.
• All guests are required to fill out the NY State Traveler Health Form.
• Signage is in place in the common areas to promote a social distance between guests where possible. This will also include each guest elevator where limits have been placed on the number of riders.
• Hand sanitizing stations are place in the lobby and common areas, as well as each elevator landing.
• Guests are required to wear masks in common areas. Temperature checks are taken at the lobby entrance.
• Upgraded filters have been installed on HVAC equipment.
• The hotel will continue to use hospital grade disinfectants in our guest rooms and common areas. Electrostatic sprayers and other technology have been implemented.
• Guests that are traveling from states or countries that are on the NY State Travel Advisory list will be unable to receive housekeeping services during their stay. Towels and linens may be requested and will be left outside of the guestroom.
• Guests traveling from states or countries not on the NY State Travel Advisory list or guests that have tested-out of quarantine must notify the front desk of their wish to receive housekeeping services, no later than 8am on the day of service. More information on the travel advisory can be found at the bottom of this page.
• If local guidance advises, occupied rooms will be rotated and check outs will be left vacant for 24 hours before reentry.
• Staff will be required to wear masks when social distancing is not possible and while servicing any guest area. Temperature checks will be taken at the beginning of each shift.
• All staff will be required to attend a training presentation prior to returning to work. This will highlight changes to our operating procedures, required PPE, and changes to cleaning protocols.
• Appropriate signage has been placed throughout the break and work areas. The signage will focus on best practices for working safely and also reminders of social distancing where practical.
• Additional hand sanitizing stations and wipes will be distributed throughout the break areas and hand punch stations.
• Start of shift and break times may be staggered to eliminate crowding.
New York State has issued a travel advisory for travelers from any state that does not border New York State, as well as travelers coming from any CDC Level 2 or Level 3 Health Notice Country.
For these travelers to test-out of the mandatory 14 day quarantine, the following steps must be completed:
• Obtain a test within three days of departing for New York
• Upon arriving in New York, the traveler must quarantine for three days
• On the fourth day, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler no longer needs to quarantine.
For more information, please visit https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory.
COVID-19 tests are available at many locations throughout New York City. The following clinics are within a 15 minute walk from the hotel. Please note we are not affiliated with either of these clinics.
CityMD Urgent Care – West 57th
315 W 57th St, New York, NY 10019
Statcare Urgent & Walk-In Medical Care
715 9th Avenue Suite 1, New York, NY 10019