- What restaurants are in the neighborhood?
- There are more than 100 restaurants within a seven-minute walk of the Wellington including:
- Do you have high speed wireless internet and where is it accessible?
- High speed wireless internet is available in all rooms and the lobby at $4.99 for one hour, $11.99 for up to 24 hours (one day), $24.99 for up to 72 hours (three days) and $39.99 for up to 120 hours (five days). If your computer is not wireless see the front desk for an adapter. A deposit of $100 is required but is refunded when the equipment is returned. When you make your reservation directly on our website (www.wellingtonhotel.com) or purchase one of our packages in room high speed wireless internet is complimentary.
- If I don't bring my laptop, is internet access available?
- Our Business Center is open 24 hours a day every day. It is conveniently located in the main lobby. There is a $3 minimum charge for fifteen minutes plus .25 per minute. A valid credit card is required.
- If my plug does not fit into your outlet, where can I get an adapter?
- Just ask at the front desk. For a deposit of $20 you can use an adapter during your stay. When you return the adapter, your $20 is refunded.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- For the period January 1 through August 31, reservations (for individuals) must be canceled by 4pm TWO days prior to arrival to avoid a one night charge of room and tax. For the period September 1 through December 31, reservations (for individuals) must be canceled by 4pm THREE days prior to arrival to avoid a one night charge of room and tax.
The cancellation policy for packages and specials may be different and if so will be outlined at the time of booking.
The cancellation policy for groups is outlined on the contract and may vary from group to group.
If you made your reservation through a third-party (not with the hotel directly) you must cancel it through that third party. The hotel is not authorized to cancel third-party reservations and we cannot authorize refunds for third-party reservations.
- Will I get a better rate if I book online or call the hotel directly?
- At the Wellington, we always offer you the best rate available at the time of your inquiry, whether you call us or go to our website. If you book on our website, however, you also get complimentary in-room high speed wireless internet (one per room).
- How many people do I need to make a group?
- At the Wellington Hotel, ten or more people are considered a group.
If ten or more people arrive together, even if they are unknown to each other, there is a mandatory union baggage handling fee of $4.02 per bag each way ($8.04 round trip). On July 1, 2014, this amount increases to $4.18 per bag each way ($8.36 round trip). If the arrival is before 4pm and/or the departure after 12noon there is an additional charge of $2.00 per bag each way. This amount is charged whether or not you use the service.
- What time is check in?
- 3pm - for individuals. 4pm - For groups.
- What time is check out?
- 12noon - for all.
- If I arrive at the hotel before check in time -- or if I depart after the noon checkout time -- is there a place I can leave my luggage?
- Yes, the bell captain will be happy to store your luggage on arrival and also departure. There is no charge for this service; however, you will want to give the person assisting you a gratuity.
- Do you have accessible rooms?
- Yes, we have a limited number of accessible rooms. Each has a bathroom with grab bars and roll-in shower. Please be sure to indicate in the comments that you require an accessible room or write email@example.com and advise us.
- Is parking available?
- Valet parking is available at the rate of $35 for 24 hours ($45 for oversized vehicles). There are no in / out privileges. If you take your car out, the 24 hours starts over when you return. Valet parking for motorcycles is not available. You must take the motorcycle to the garage yourself.
- Is there a car rental nearby the Wellington?
- There are two car rental offices less than a two-minute walk from the Wellington. Hertz is on 55th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues and Avis is on 54th Street between Sixth and Seventh Avenues.
- Where is breakfast served?
- Breakfast is served from 6am daily in the Park Cafe on the Lobby Level. Breakfast is plated not buffet. Packages and reservation options that include breakfast in the Park Cafe are available.
- Do you have Room Service?
- Room Service is available every day from 6am to 12midnight.
- Are there safe deposit boxes?
- Yes, there are safe deposit boxes at the front desk. They are free of charge.
- Are there safes in the rooms?
- No, but there are complimentary safe deposit boxes at the front desk. Please note: there are several safe deposit boxes at the front desk that accommodate a laptop; however, they are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Are there ice machines?
- There is an ice machine in the lobby, behind the bell captain's desk. Ice is complimentary. You have the choice of getting the ice yourself or calling the bell captain (x 7143) and having it brought up to your room.
- Are the rooms air conditioned?
- All rooms are air conditioned during the air conditioning season.
- How can I contact a guest?
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 212-956-2381
Be sure to include the guest's full name in the subject line
- How old does one have to be to check into the Wellington without an adult?
- You must be 18 years of age and have a valid credit card in your name as well as a government-issued photo ID such as a passport to check into the Wellington Hotel.
- How far is it from the Wellington to...
- Click here to visit Attractions. If what you are looking for is not there, please email us at email@example.com and we will get the answer for you.
- Are there any health clubs/fitness centers/gyms close to the Wellington?
- Just click on our attractions page to see addresses of nearby locations.
- Is there a hairdresser nearby?
- There is a hairdresser in the lobby of the hotel, Mickey Ballantine; however, they have limited hours on certain days. They can be reached by calling 212.247.3900 x 1949. There is another hairdresser next door to the hotel on the 55th Street side, Dario, who can be reached by calling 212.582.1647 or writing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there a dry cleaner/laundry nearby?
- At the Wellington we offer valet dry cleaning and laundry service. In addition, there is a dry cleaner directly across the street from the Wellington on the 55th Street side. You can reach LaMode Organic Cleaner by calling 212.315.3134. Grace Cleaners and Laundry (drop off service) is located two short blocks north at 912 Seventh Avenue (between 57th and 58th Streets). You can reach Grace Cleaners at 212.265.2152. Laundromat (offering drop off and self service) is located at 798 Ninth Avenue (between 52nd and 53rd Streets) and can be reached at 212.265.2152.
- Do you have smoking rooms?
- No...the Wellington Hotel is completely smoke free.
- Do you accept pets?
- Pets are not allowed.
- Can I have packages delivered to the hotel before I arrive?
- You can have small packages sent to the Wellington a few days before your arrival. It is very important that the packages are addressed correctly:
871 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
your NAME exactly as it appears on the reservation
confirmation number: xxxxxx
When you arrive at the Wellington Hotel you can go to the bell captain's desk and a member of our team will take you to the package room. Alternatively, you can have a bellman assist you in retrieving your packages. There is no charge for this service; however, you will want to give the bellman a gratuity.
Write to email@example.com if you have further questions.
- Does the Wellington have meeting and/or banquet rooms?
- The Wellington Hotel does not have meeting and/or banquet rooms. There is an excellent conference center just two (very short) blocks from the Wellington - CONVENE - located at 810 Seventh Avenue at 53rd Street. Convene can be reached at 212 731 4934 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell them the Wellington sent you!
- How can I get to the Wellington from the airport?
- The Wellington Hotel does not provide transportation from any of the three airports but see below for details and options.
- The Air Train shuttle from JFK is about $5 per person. Get off the Air Train at the Sutphin Boulevard Station or the Jamaica Station and buy a MetroCard. The subway fare is $2.50 per ride per person. Take the E train towards Manhattan and get off at the Seventh Avenue stop (at 53rd Street) and walk just two short blocks north towards Central Park to the Wellington Hotel. At Jamaica Station you can also take the Long Island Railroad to Penn Station (this is a little longer route to the Wellington Hotel because you then have to take the E, N or R train from Penn Station to Seventh Avenue and 53rd or 55th Street.
- In the baggage claim area you can book a shuttle bus to midtown Manhattan and then take a taxi to the Wellington Hotel. There are also shuttle van services like SuperShuttle or GoAirlLink. All shuttle buses make stops at other hotels and/or apartments along the route. The shuttle buses or shuttle bus/taxi combination will be approximately $25-30 per person.
- A taxi directly to the Wellington is a flat fare of $52.50 plus tolls and tip. Most taxis take a maximum of four people, possibly less, depending on the luggage. There are a limited number of NYC minivan taxis that will accommodate up to five people. The minivan taxis can also accommodate wheelchairs but not with five people.
- Please be sure you take a yellow NYC taxi only and be sure to ask the driver for a receipt (just in case you leave something in the car). You can arrange a limousine or private car transfer in advance. From our website please click on See New York.
- All rates are subject to change without notice. Prices are not guaranteed until booked and confirmed.
- From Newark Liberty Airport you can take the Air Train to Penn Station (New York) and then a taxi, subway (E, N, R or Q northbound) or bus (20) from the Eighth Avenue side of Penn Station to 55th Street and walk one block to the Wellington. The train to Penn Station in New York City will be about $12.50 per person and include the cost of the Air Train. Do not confuse Newark Penn Station with New York's Penn Station. From New York's Penn Station to the Wellington the taxi will be about $12-$15. Taxis accept a maximum of four people again depending on the amount of luggage. The subway or bus is $2.50 per person. You can buy a MetroCard in Penn Statin for use on all subways and buses. You can also use coins on buses; however, you must have the exact $2.50 fare as no change is given.
- In the baggage claim area you can book a shuttle bus to the Port Authority (about $16 per person) and then take a taxi or local bus (M20 on Eighth Avenue between 40th and 41st Streets or M104 on 41st Street at the corner of Eighth Avenue) as outlined above. Shuttle vans that go directly to the Wellington are also available although they stop at other hotels and/or apartments. The fare is about $25 per person.
- You can take a taxi directly to the Wellington. The fare will be the meter charge plus tip, round trip tolls and a surcharge. The total could easily be $110 for a maximum of four people depending on luggage. The taxi charge is higher from Newark because the New Jersey taxis cannot pick up fares here in the City and thus have to go back empty.
- In the baggage claim area there are a shuttle buses to midtown Manhattan and then take a taxi to the Wellington Hotel. The bus is about $16 per person and makes multiple stops. There are also shuttle van services that will take you directly to the Wellington although they make stops at other hotels and/or apartments. The fare is about $22-25 per person.
- The taxi fare from LaGuardia to midtown is about $25-35 plus tip and toll for a maximum of four people depending on luggage. This is not a flat fare; it is a metered fare and can vary. Tolls and tips are additional.
- You can take local bus M60 which will take you to Broadway and 106th Street. From there you can transfer to the M104 which will take you to midtown. You want to get off at the Seventh Avenue stop between 54th and 55th Streets; across the street and half a block from the Wellington.
- For all airports you can arrange a limousine or private car transfer in advance. From our website please click on See New York or write email@example.com and provide your flight number and arrival/departure time and the number of people. It helps if you tell them the amount of luggage as well. All rates are subject to change without notice. Prices are not guaranteed until booked and confirmed. Please note: the amount of luggage you have may determine the number of people that can be accommodated in a single taxi. Avoid taking a private black car to or from any airport without an advance reservation.
|Afternoon Tea:||Gordon Ramsey's, Sarabeth's|
|American:||Applebee's, Bar Americain, Betony, Center Bar, Gordon Ramsey at London NYC, Lindy's, Michael's, Red 58, Red Eye Grill, Sarabeth's, T.G.I. Friday's, Robert
|Asian:||Benihana, Buk, China Grill, Fuji, Hunan, Joe's Shanghai, Hatsu-hama, Lili's 57, Masa, Bar Masa, Ma Peche, New York Thai Grill, Nobu, Nanking, Radiance Tea House & Books, Soba Nippon, Sugiyama (no lunch), Sushiya, Thai Kitchen, Topaz Thai, Szechuan Gourmet, 2Kai Sushi
|Brunch:||Aquavit, Argo Tea Cafe, Benoit, Bistro Milano, Brasserie 81/2, Brasserie Cognac, Cielo at the Mayfair, Il Gattopardo, Molyvos (on premises), Petrossian, Rue 57 Brasserie, Trattoria dell'arte
|Fish:||McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, Oceana, Redeye Grill, South Gate, Wayfarer|
|French:||Benoit, Bouchon Bakery, Brasserie Cognac, Brasserie 81/2, Brasserie Ruhlmann, Chez Napleon, La Bernadin, Landmarc, La Pain Quotidien, Maison Kayser, Petrossian, Per Se, Rue 57 Brasserie
|Greek:||Molyvos (on premises)|
|Irish:||Cassidy's, Connolly's, Characters, Irish Pub, McGree's, McHale's Bar and Grill, OldCastle, P.J. Carney's, Rosie O'Grady's
|Italian:||A Voce, Abboccato, Angelo's Pizzeria, Armani/Ristorante Fifth Avenue, Azalea, Basso 5, Bella Vita, Bistro Milano, Cellini, Cielo at the Mayfair, Italiana Bocca, Il Corso, Il Gattopardo, Il Tinello Ristorante, Joe G, Marea, Montebello, Mozzerella e Vino, Nino's Tuscany, Nocello, Osteria del Circo, Quality Italian, Remi, Sosa Borella, Serafina, Trattoria dell'Arte, Villagio, Torino
|Kosher:||Ben's Kosher Delicatessen & Restaurant, Prime Grill, Solo|
|Mexican:||Cancun, Chipotle, Iguana, Toloache|
|Russian:||Russian Samovar, Russian Tea Room|
|Steak:||Bobby Van's, Capital Grille, Del Frisco's Grill, Del Frisco's Steakhouse, Empire Steak House, Gallagher's, Johnny Utah's, Palm West, Porter House, Quality Meats, Rothmann's, Ruth's Chris, Stage Coach Tavern, Uncle Jack, Ted's Montana Grill
|Other:||Au Bon Pain, Blue Dog Cafe, Brooklyn Diner, Cafe Europa, Carnegie Club (Cigar Bar), City 55 Bar & Grill, Dean & DeLuca, Fluffy's, Fogo de Chao (Brazilian churrascaria), Hale & Hearty Soups, Ivy, Ma Peche, Metro, Minus5, Norma's, Park Cafe (on premises), Potbelly, Rainbow Room, The Stagecoach Tavern, Starbucks (several locations), Stone Rose Lounge, The Modern|
If your question is not answered on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.